Wednesday, June 3, 2009

PRESIDENT HOPEY CHANGEY RETURNING TO HIS ROOTS??

I have never been one to put much stock in the Obama/Muslim connections that many have breathlessly tried to make, but this comment from deputy National Security Adviser Denis McDonough gives me one of those 'say what?' moments.
"the President himself experienced Islam on three continents before he was able to -- or before he's been able to visit, really, the heart of the Islamic world -- you know, growing up in Indonesia, having a Muslim father -- obviously Muslim Americans (are) a key part of Illinois and Chicago."

This comment comes as President Hopey Changey is heading to Saudi Arabia and Egypt on yet another Apology Tour.

I remember that during the primaries and election, any remote reference to Islam/Obama was taboo and at every opportunity, his Christianity was magnified. In May of 2008, while responding to a question about his father, Obama said: "My father was basically agnostic, as far as I can tell, and I didn't know him,"
Now the White House is broadcasting that his father was a Muslim. Which is it? Other folks are being a bit more direct.
Again, I don't think it's that big a deal, but I find it very curious that this comes out right before this weeks Apology Tour.

No comments: