Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September 8, 2009

On September 8, Pres. Obama is going to address all public school children of America. The President will be piped-in to every single public school classroom and auditorium. Below are the 'talking points' that public school teachers (K-6) are being given in order to prepare the children for this event.



President Obama’s Address to Students Across America September 8, 2009 -

Part of me tells me that maybe the address will be about encouraging hard work, dedication, and the importance of education. If that is the message, then I applaud the President. But do we need a Presidential address for that?
The other part of me feels this is creepy. We have all heard about Obama's plans for national volunteers and his failed attempt to snitch on people opposed to his health-care program.
In the past we've witnessed dictators like Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, Mao, and Castro create 'youth movements' that served to indoctrinate the youth and silence opposing adults/parents. It happened, and it was effective.
Were I a parent, I would seriously consider keeping my child out of school on September 8 unless I had full prior knowledge of what the Presidential address was going to be about. I don't think I'm the only one thinking about that.
I don't subscribe to making Bush/Obama comparisons, but if this was Bush, thousands of public school/union teachers across the country would be proudly proclaiming how they were refusing the call to indoctrinate their students to the ravings of awful George Bush.
Think about it.

No comments: